Due to the outbreak of COVID 19 and government guidance on non-essential social gatherings, BASC has taken the decision to postpone all training courses scheduled up until the end of May.
If you are booked on a course you will be contacted in the next 14 days with details of the new date and venue. We will review all further courses on a daily basis and be led by government advice.
I would like to thank all course participants for being understanding during this difficult period.
Location: Gower Golf Club
We are pleased to announce that the BASC Wales Wildfowling Conference will be held on Sunday 17 November at the Gower Golf Club, Cefn Goleu, Three Crosses, Swansea SA4 3HS.
The day is set to be a busy one with break-out workshops, a chance to have a go on our shooting simulator and a number of speakers in attendance:
• The importance of SPA network for migratory water birds – Patrick Lindley, Lead Specialist Advisor, Ornithology at NRW
• International update including wigeon, pochard and the principles of adaptive harvest management – Richard Hearn, Head of Monitoring at WWT
• Investigating wildfowling disturbance – Lindsey Biermann, BASC PhD student
• Wildfowling department update – James Green, BASC head of wildfowling
The afternoon’s breakout sessions will include:
• A wing workshop – learn how to age and sex different duck and goose
• A calling workshop/competition
• Opportunities to discuss issues regarding your sport with members of the WLC
• Experience BASC’s state-of-the-art shooting simulator
Gentle reminder – Please, please bring any wings you have collected so far this season with you, for the research to be meaningful we require as much support as possible from across the country and throughout the season. You can bring wings collected so far this season to the conference. Click here for more details on the survey.
We will also be hosting a three-course Taste of Game dinner on the evening before the conference – please email us if you would like to attend.
The conference is set to be a fantastic event but spaces are limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Cost: £10 (includes lunch and refreshments) – The event is open to all BASC members and anyone with an interest in learning more about wildfowling. Registration from 9.30am.
Click here to book your place or call 01244 573 029 for more information.
**NB Bookings are made through Eventbrite which is a 3rd party online platform and as such BASC cannot be held responsible for any activity resulting from its use. If you prefer not to use Eventbrite to book please contact the office on 01884 260 910