Clay to Game Day- Suffolk
Brandon Road, Eriswell, Brandon IP27 9FB, Brandon , IP27 9FB
Category: Novice Days
Have you ever wanted to try game shooting but unsure where to start? Or would you just like to ensure that when you attend a shoot you are doing the right thing?
We can help!
Join us on 20 October at Eriswell Lodge where we will teach you all about what to expect on a day’s game shooting.
We will cover:
- Best practice
- Quarry recognition
- How to dress and how not to dress! Is tweed really necessary?
- Gun safety, how to hold your gun, loading your gun
- What bird is yours?
- How to tip at the end of a good day
- How to select the right cartridge and choke for the intended species. Do you need to change chokes between drives?
- The use of gundogs, what breed is best?
- What do beaters and gamekeepers do?
We will then check your guns before heading out to shoot various types of sustainable ammunition to see what suits you and your gun best.
Lunch will be supplied along with cakes and drinks.
The group will then be split into two, where there will be simulated game shooting with a difference! Make sure you only shoot the right clays… or points may be deducted from your team.
We will then regroup, to clean our guns and undertake a Q and A session.
To finish there will be a light-hearted quiz and goodie bags before departing.
After this course you will be ready for any game shoot!
Pre booking is essential for this event. Attendees must be 21 years of age or over. Please ensure you bring your shotgun, cleaning kit and shotgun certificate with you. Please also bring hearing and eye protection and a cap.
Your shotgun must be choked half or less, nitro proof and suitable for steel cartridges.