Highland Open Hill Intermediate Deer Stalking Certificate, Red Deer – Talladh-a-Bheithe, Perthshire
Tignabruach Lodge, Rannoch by Pitlochry, Perthshire, PH17 2QP
Category: Intermediate Deer Course
BASC has a unique opportunity to offer the IDC in an open hill environment stalking Red Deer Hinds.
The Intermediate Deer Course is designed as a step between DSC1 and DSC2 and the aim is to advance and prepare students wishing to undertake the DSC2, and any novice stalker wishing to further their practical experience.
The course is designed to equip the candidate with the support, understanding and awareness required for the safe and correct way of shooting deer, retrieving, gralloching, carcase inspection and lardering in an open hill environment in guided stalks.
On completion of this course the candidate will be issued with the BASC Intermediate Deer Course certificate.
The venues require candidates to use Non-Toxic Rifle Ammunition. Please check your joining Instructions for further Information
What is covered:
- Open Hill Stalking of Red deer and or shooting from a high seat with an Estate Stalker.
- Taking the shot and reaction to shot.
- Approaching the deer/follow up.
- Extracting and transporting the carcass.
- Gralloching and inspection of the carcass.
- BASC members: £285.00 includes *One cull Red Hind.
- Non-members: £375.00 includes *One cull Red Hind
This course is strictly limited to 4 candidates
- Additional Hinds may be culled at a cost of £200 each payable direct to the Estate on the day.
- Candidates must hold a DSC1 certificate
- Candidates brining their own rifle – ONLY Non Toxic Ammunition can be used
- Estate Rifles are available for those who don’t have a rifle
- Minimum calibre 6.5mm
- Reasonable fitness level
Due to the remote location of the estate, accommodation can be provided by the estate in the lodge for candidates at £60 per night and a one off £20 for cleaning. If you wish to take advantage of this, estate contact details can be provided when registering for the course.
Should there be insufficient bookings, BASC reserve the right to cancel the course. In the interests of fairness BASC will aim to provide candidates notification of cancellation as soon as possible prior to the advertised start date.
We strongly recommend that fees for any accommodation you book are refundable as BASC will not be responsible for any losses incurred by candidates.
If for any reason you cancel your place on the course then the following scale of charges may apply:-
|Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date)
|2nd Reallocation to another course (only available 8 weeks or more before the course start date AND in exceptional circumstances)
|Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the course start date
|30% course cost
|40% course cost
|Cancellation less than 8 weeks but more than 4 weeks before the course start date
|60% course cost
|75% course cost
|Cancellation less than 4 weeks before the course start date
|100% course cost
|100% course cost
BASC Member Discount