Due to the outbreak of COVID 19 and government guidance BASC took the decision to postpone all training courses scheduled up until the end of June 2020. With the restrictions starting to be lifted in different areas of the UK at different rates, we expect courses to start going ahead from the 9th July in England and at later dates in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. All courses will be reviewed on a daily basis and be led by government advice. I would like to thank all our future course participants for being understanding during this difficult period. If your course was postponed or is going to be postponed you will be contacted by a member of staff. The list of current courses are published on the BASC website and are open to booking subject to further government guidance.
Location: Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust
Categories No Categories
This Wildfowling Workshop will consist of: –
- A regional and national update from James Green, BASC Head of Wildfowling
- An international update including Wigeon, Pochard and the principles of adaptive harvest management by Matt Ellis, BASC Head of Science.
- A presentations from Lindsay Biermann, our PhD student investigating wildfowling disturbance on the Exe.
- Woodcock update by a member of GWCT.
The afternoon will feature a few breakout sessions including
- A wing workshop at which you will have the opportunity to learn how to age and sex different duck and goose wings. (Please bring any wings you have collected as part of the wing survey along to this workshop).
- The BASC shooting simulator will be there to offer a friendly competitive element
- Members of the WLC committee will be on hand to discuss issues affecting our sport.
This full day event will include a prize draw which you will be entered into upon arrival as well as refreshments and lunch, if you have any dietary requirements please do let us know by emailing – email@example.com
Join us for an informative and enjoyable look at the fantastic sport of wildfowling and meet those trying to safe guard it for future generations.
Gentle reminder – Please, please bring as many wings with you as possible, for the research to be meaningful we require a large pool from across the country and throughout the season.
For more information contact the BASC Wildfowling or Science team on 01244 573000
If you are booking for more than one delegate please feel free to use your own email address for all attendees.
To book your tickets click here