Southern England Wildfowling Workshop
Due to the current outbreak of COVID 19 we are delivering courses to government guidelines making sure they are COVID safe. Subject to the government guidance, local lockdowns and National Lockdowns we may have to postpone some courses in the future at short notice. If your course is going to be postponed, you will be contacted directly by a member of staff to discuss your options.
Location: Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust
Categories No Categories
This Wildfowling Workshop will consist of: –
- A regional and national update from James Green, BASC Head of Wildfowling
- An international update including Wigeon, Pochard and the principles of adaptive harvest management by Matt Ellis, BASC Head of Science.
- A presentations from Lindsay Biermann, our PhD student investigating wildfowling disturbance on the Exe.
- Woodcock update by a member of GWCT.
The afternoon will feature a few breakout sessions including
- A wing workshop at which you will have the opportunity to learn how to age and sex different duck and goose wings. (Please bring any wings you have collected as part of the wing survey along to this workshop).
- The BASC shooting simulator will be there to offer a friendly competitive element
- Members of the WLC committee will be on hand to discuss issues affecting our sport.
This full day event will include a prize draw which you will be entered into upon arrival as well as refreshments and lunch, if you have any dietary requirements please do let us know by emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for an informative and enjoyable look at the fantastic sport of wildfowling and meet those trying to safe guard it for future generations.
Gentle reminder – Please, please bring as many wings with you as possible, for the research to be meaningful we require a large pool from across the country and throughout the season.
For more information contact the BASC Wildfowling or Science team on 01244 573000
If you are booking for more than one delegate please feel free to use your own email address for all attendees.
To book your tickets click here